2018 SYNCHRO COMPETITIONS
Cloe T. and Chloe V. wearing medals they earned at WORLDWIDE INVITATIONAL March 26, 2018 in Coral Springs, Florida. There were swimmers from 8 countries competing in this meet. Wow!
INTROs who swam in the Christmas Show, 2017, may compete in Association and Regional Championships if they and their parents show their commitment as requested.
SATURDAY, April 21 -- One Day – Association Championships
– – > Williams Indoor Pool, 15000 McConn St, Webster, TX 77598
TWO DAYS: Saturday AND Sunday, May 12-13 – Regional Championships
Facility: Westside Aquatic Center
1750 Duncan Lane
Lewisville, TX 75067
– – > This is Mothers Day weekend. Don't register without knowing this.
– – > Location = Lewisville, TX (more details will be posted (here) when they are available. Lewisville is NNW of Dallas--North of DFW airport.
– – > This meet will start 7a on Saturday and also on Sunday, so you will go Friday night and stay Friday and Saturday nights. Hotels are listed in the pre-meet announcement shown in the separate REGIONAL meet page.
– – > Full participation is required BOTH days--including your staying through a large portion of the Award Ceremony (even though it is l-o-n-g and not very interesting.) From 7a on Saturday until mid-afternoon on Sunday. You have NO "free time." Due to state tests the following week, you will be excused before the meet ends if your plans are to return to Houston to get rest for testing the following week.
TWO added (optional) meets (posted December 12, 2017)
This one has passed.
Great meet! We had a good time and our duet was a success!
Saturday and Sunday, March 24-25 -- Worldwide Invitational -- Novice/Intermediate Invitational (See photo above left.)
– – > Location Coral Springs, FL
– – > If any of our INTRO swimmers compete in this meet, they compete as Novices. If any of our "experienced" swimmers compete in this meet, they compete as Intermediates.
– – > Notice (above) this is an optional meet. If you are interested, you must declare that interest in time for planning.
Saturday, May 19 -- Youth Cup -- Novice/Intermediate Invitational
– – >DEADLINE to register and pay fee is Tuesday, MAY 1st, 2018.
– – >Fee is $40 per swimmer
– – > Location = San Antonio, Texas
Palo Alto Aquatic Center
1400 W. Villaret Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78224
– – > Times: 8a-2:30p (It may end earlier or later.)
– – > Notice that this meet includes Novices and Intermediates. That means all of our swimmers who have a ready routine can compete in this meet.
– – > Notice (above) this is an optional meet. If you are interested, you must declare that interest in time for planning to register, pay fees, and get in the practices you will need..
– – > Swim caps are required. (Typical head pieces are not allowed.)
– – > Trios are allowed.
– – > Swimmers will compete in several unique competitions.
* splits (measured on floor mat)
* only two figures = Ballet Leg and Prawn
* land drill competition (duet/Trio/Team)
– – > Swimmers may compete in this meet even if they did not compete in Association or Regionals.
Schedule: More accurate schedule will be provided after entries are received. Please note that events will move up if prior event is finished earlier.
8:00am-8:15am : Figures warm up
8:15am-9:15am : Figures & Splits Competition (3 panels, all level)
9:15am-10am : Landrill competition Duet/Trio/Team
10am-10:15am : Novice and Intermediate Solo/Duet/Trio Warm up
10:15am-11:30am : Solo competition followed by Duet, then Trio competition
11:30am-11:45am : Novice and Intermediate Team Warm up
11:45am-12:30pm: Team competition
Award Ceremony to follow
Hotels in the area:
Days Inn San Antonio at Palo Alto
Address: 9403 Poteet Jourdanton Fwy, San Antonio, TX 78224
Phone: (210) 447-3670
Best Western Plus Palo Alto Inn & Suites
Address: 12507 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78224
Phone: (210) 298-9990
Value Place San Antonio
Address: 7958 Interstate 35 S, San Antonio, TX 78224
Phone: (210) 923-9335
La Quinta Inn San Antonio South Park
Address: 7202 Interstate 35 S, San Antonio, TX 78224
Phone: (210) 922-2111